Monday, November 14, 2011

A Month of Thanks, Days 12 & 13

Today, and everyday, I am thankful for God's Word. There are days when I don't realize how thankful I am. There are days when I don't take time to sit down and read and meditate. However, even on those days, I remember God's Word. I am thankful that my parents felt it was necessary for us to go to church together and study God's Word together from the time I was born until the day I left for college. Because of their commitment to God and demonstrating their love for Him by teaching us, I have more of God's Word hidden in my heart than I realize.

God's Word has the power of life. It is living. It guides. It instructs. It admonishes. It encourages. It comforts. It truly is the answer. Sometimes it is tough, tough to understand, tough to accept. Sometimes it seems too good to be real. But, always, it is Truth.

Lord, may I never take for granted the privilege of having Your Word, of being allowed to read it freely. Thank You for providing this way of knowing You, who You are, how You work and think, and about Your love.

No comments: