Sunday, November 6, 2011

A month for Thanks Day 6

This morning I attended Kongo Bible Church. At our church we have an afternoon worship service. But, once a month, I attend the Kongo church and fellowship with my brothers and sisters there. When I returned from my first home assignment in 2006, I attended, helped and learned there. Then, the following year when Woykes went on home assignment, Paul Ewing and I had the privilege of working there.

At the Kongo church I have learned much about big hearts serving God with all they have. I have learned much about patience, commitment, and faithfulness. Oh, and food! Great potlucks here!:)

When we started Komyo Christian Church, the congregation at Kongo Bible Church committed to pray for us and several members even committed to coming to our worship services as often as they can. Oh, what an encouragement they have been! Their prayers and presence have meant more to me than I can express in words.

Lord, thank you for Kongo Bible Church, for the blessing they have been in my life!

No comments: