Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Month of Thanks, Day 19

I am thankful that there are people who still write snail mail. I used to write a LOT more snail mail but many of the people I was corresponding with have died or can no longer write. But, I do still have a few faithful writers, and some of them are from my generation!

Today when I got home I checked my mail and found NO junk mail, maybe the rain helped with that (in Japan it is okay to walk around house to house putting fliers into mailboxes). But , there was one lone envelope with familiar handwriting. What a blessing to receive that letter.

I also love that Awana has children write to missionaries. This guarantees at least a letter a year, but usually a lot more. Some children are using email these days, but I do still get real letters, too.

Thank you to all of you who have ever written me a letter. I appreciate it.

I guess I should remember how much I like to get mail and send it to others, too!

(The picture was taken from a free clip art site!)

No comments: