Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Month of Thanks, Day 8

Today I am thankful for the postal services. In Japan, the post office is not only a place to send mail and packages, it is also a bank and a place to pay bills. If I understand the information correctly, I can also get insurance there.

Not far from my apartment is the Izumi City main post office, about a 10 minute walk. But, a five minute walk away is a branch post office. I am really thankful for this branch office. The people there are so nice. They understand my interesting Japanese, help me find the cheapest or fastest or whatever way for me to send packages. They helped me set up direct bill pay from my account when I first moved here. They patiently wait while I write painstakingly slowly.

I don't even know any of their names and if I see them outside of the post office it takes me a few minutes to know why I know that face! I am really thankful for their friendliness and helpfulness!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Thanks for posting these thankful posts -- I just read through all of them and definitely feel convicted that I have not been being very thankful lately. Something to work on!