Friday, November 25, 2011

A Month of Thanks, Day 25

I am thankful for my family. I saved this one for today because it is my mom's birthday. (It is also my cousin's birthday which I had forgotten, but thanks to facebook have been reminded!:)

Although God has given me the gift of being able to live far from family and have very little homesickness, I love my family deeply. My sister and I like to sing the sisters song from White Christmas. We have been through a lot together and have grown closer through it all. I have a deep respect for my parents, all they have taught me, the ways they help me, their continuous prayers for me, the way their love for God and each other grows daily.

I appreciate that my grandparents took the time to teach my parents about God's love and the importance of teaching their children the same thing. Our family isn't perfect and we've had our share of trials, however, having this love for God as the center has kept us strong and together.

I am also blessed with an amazing extended family. I am thankful for aunts, uncles, cousins and now their families. It is a blessing to be part of such a circle!

Thank You, Lord, for the wonderful family in which You placed me!








No comments: