Friday, February 17, 2012

A Month of Love, Day 17

This week my friends' 6 year old daughter had her third brain surgery. She has been fighting brain cancer for over a year and a half now. Throughout this time I have seen the love of not only a family but also of a community. We have all seen this in different places, I am sure.

My friends live in Canada so I feel like I can't do much to help them during this time. However, thanks to technology, I can keep up with how the surgery went as quickly as they can update various social networks. Also, through technology I can see other friends taking time to care for the other children, provide food, house cleaning, and a variety of other services.

As I watch people care for my friends in tangible ways, I can see the love they have for each other. As I see the reminders of prayer and comments of tears being shed, I see love, too. This is the way I can participate in this community.

I am thankful for technology and the way it helps us stay connected so well. There are many ways technology is not being used wisely, however, there are many ways it is, too. Thank you to all of you who use it to stay in touch and let others know how your life is going!

No comments: