Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Month of Love, Day 14


Today is Valentine's Day, a day to celebrate love. As I was taking a few minutes to write to my sponsor children, I was praying that they feel the love with which I write. But, more importantly, I pray that they experience and accept Jesus' love for them.







Then I was reminded of a blog post, well, two actually, that the Peruvian leader of our Compassion tour wrote recently. I thought of my time in Peru and how much love I experienced there. One of the greatest things I learned about love came from the volunteers at the Child Development Centers. These volunteers truly love the children who come to the centers. They show the children love each day through their teaching and just spending time with the children. They get to be with the children and hug them, wipe their tears and laugh with them. I live thousands of miles away and only send letters sometimes and money. But, on my behalf, these volunteers show my children love, God's love.


I saw it written all over their faces and in their actions. Love. Oh, how I pray that people see that in me, too.

No comments: