Thursday, November 1, 2012

Give Thanks

November has started and my quest to share my thanks daily here on my blog will pick up where it left off last year.  Actually, I have been keeping a gratitude calendar this year.  I got a pocket calendar that has a section with the whole month on a page at the front of the book, and then has spaces to write daily activities at the back of the book.  Every day this year I have written at least one thing, usually three, for which I am thankful.  It has been a great way to close out each day.

This year I am going to try something a little different.  In my iPhoto program there is a collection of pictures called "Last 12 Months."  I guess if I have taken a picture of something in the past 12 months, I wanted to remember it for some reason and may be thankful for it.  So, I will start with the oldest pictures and post a picture each day explaining what in that picture causes me to be grateful.  (I won't post every picture since the album contains 2300 or so photos!)

Today I am thankful for Mr. and Mrs. Sakamoto.  One year ago they received this picture of the names of Jesus to hang in their house.  I am thankful for the way God has worked in their lives, helping them to understand who He is.  I am thankful that they were baptized last month (that picture may come up later!).  It amazes me that God has allowed me to be part of the watering process in their spiritual lives.  I am grateful!


No comments: