Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Reunion of Sorts

Friday I went to the Karuizawa Language School's semi-closing ceremony. The school in its current form is closing. Later this year it will open in a new form with a new name: Language and Culture Center for Missions-or something like that.

It was fun to be back in the old building and remember how cold it is in there! The smell of mold is still there. I am sure it was that strong before, too, but I think I was a little bit used to it back in the day.

I had a chance to talk with my former teachers and thank them for all they did for me and other missionaries, all the patience they had with us! I can't imagine the amount of patience it takes to teach someone a new language from zero 5 days a week for two years! I always wondered if they did a little praise the Lord dance when a student finished and left:)

Here is a picture of me with Miss Takei. One day she walked all the way up to my apartment to give me the homework that she couldn't find during class. Wasn't that nice of her! Maybe she drove up, I don't know, I wasn't at home at the time. She was famous for her hand drawn homework pages. She knew how to review a concept until it stuck!


I tried to take a picture of all the teachers but I guess I didn't have the camera on the right setting so it isn't the clearest picture, but here it is anyway!

No comments: