Saturday, August 11, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

I have been using the excuse recently that I have been too busy to do things, like answer emails, write letters, send the baby presents sitting on my table, etc, etc. I am really tired of that excuse! This month is especially busy. I am really praying that things slow down, at least one click, next month!

Tonight as I was washing dishes, for the third time in 4 hours, God drew my attention to the flip calendar that is literally right in my face as I wash dishes. I have several flip calendars around, this one is quotes by famous people or Bible verses. Today's verse is Psalm 29:11 "The Lord gives strength to His people, the Lord blesses His people with peace." Wow! Here I am wallowing self-pity because I am so busy and there is God standing right next to me giving me strength! Then blessing me with peace. It caused me to break out in immediate song!

"Come, now is the time to worship,
Come, now is the time to give your heart...
One day every tongue will confess you are God,
One day every knee will bow.
Still the greatest treasure remains for those who gladly chose You now."

Yesterday between our two Gospel choir practices one of the gals gave me a ride from one place to the other. She is not a Christian but she had this song playing in her car-in Japanese. I hadn't heard it in Japanese yet. Wow, here was God speaking to me through a song translated into Japanese played in the car of a non-Christian Japanese friend.

I am still too busy to think straight, but peace has overtaken my heart tonight. I pray this verse sticks in my heart for a while!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, a song went through my mind today too only I couldn't get it all or remember where I sang it. the Bible verse for kid's S.S. tomorrow was Matt.5:16. It finally came back, the blue book from STS and the refrain says" We are the light of the world may our light shine before all that they may see the good that we do and give glo-ry to God. Not ourselves but glory to God! That is why you are busy and with the purpose of glory to God! mom

SingerMamaMelody said...

Hey Shan! I have a blog now...hope you enjoy it! I'm going to come back and read your stuff in a bit...lots of love to you!