Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hawaii and Jet Lag


I arrived in South Dakota June 20 with basically no jet lag! Usually coming to the US from Japan is worse than going the other way. This time I seem to have found a cure, spend a day in Hawaii on the way to SD! I got to live Tuesday two times, the second time in Hawaii. That was a great place to be if you have to live a day over again! I guess two overnight flights on which I was completely exhausted causing me to get 3 or 4 hours of sleep helped with getting set on the right time once I got here.

I was planning to just spend the day at the beach in Hawaii. But, once I got there I decided to go to Pearl Harbor. My grandpa was in the Navy, so in honor of him, I spent the day at the Arizona Memorial, climbing around on the Bowfin submarine, and at the submarine museum. It was a good day and I enjoyed learning more about the history around that fateful day in 1941.

On the way back to Japan I only have 2 hours in Hawaii so I won't be doing much sightseeing. I will lose a day going that way this time. Hopefully I will recover from jet lag as quickly going back!

1 comment:

Rev. Tammy said...

Blessings on your time in SD! I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa...

Know that I will be lifting up your family in these days as you remember and celebrate his life.

Take care!
Tammy