Saturday, May 12, 2007

Clear Skies

Here in Osaka even when it is a sunny day it is hazy. I suppose that is due to the humidity and pollution. We are sandwiched between the mountains and the Osaka Bay so there isn't really anywhere for everything to blow away.
But, yesterday was an exception. The humidity was low and the wind was strong for the second day in a row. As I was running in the morning I noticed I could see the mountains very clearly. Then on my way home from Gospel choir I found out that I can see the bay from my train station! I had a suspicion I might be able to see it, but yesterday was the first day since I moved here in October that I was able to clearly see the water.
That was a great way to top off the afternoon of singing praises at Gospel choir! Two weeks ago at choir we sang "It is Well with my Soul" in Japanese. After practice I asked the leader if he knew the story of Horatio Spafford and he said no but would I share it with everyone next time. So, yesterday I got to share about the events of Spafford's life which lead up to his writing of the hymn. After choir one lady said that she was moved by hearing the story and the words of the song have even more meaning for her now.

No comments: