Monday, December 2, 2013

The Wonder of Christmas


Yesterday my dad and I visited a couple of friends from church who now live in assisted living.  As we left, I was given an Advent devotional.  Recently, I had found a different devotional I was planning to use.  However, since this was given to me the day before Advent, I decided to read it.  It is called, "The Wonder of Christmas."  

Some friends and I have been reading and discussing a book called "Wonderstruck."  This new devotional seems to go with the theme of wonder we have been exploring!  So, I wanted to share some thoughts of wonder this Advent season.

Today's verses are from Luke 2:6-7
 And while they were there, the time came for her to give birth. And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn. (Luke 2:6, 7 ESV)

There are so many points of wonder in these verses!  Today, I am filled with wonder that the God of the universe, our creator and Lord, chose to come to this earth as a baby.  He came in human flesh.  I am so filled with awe right now that no more words come to mind!

Father, thank you for sending Jesus.  Jesus thank you for being the most amazing gift.  Holy Spirit, thank you for revealing these things to us and guiding us as we seek the wonder of Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shan, We finally received our visas for Korea, still plan to depart in April. Under my visa I must leave Korea for a day every 90 days, will try to get that changed once we arrive but if not we plan to take 3 days and come to Japan. Do you have a better way I can communicate with you like email? dave and sunny mckee

Shan in Japan said...

Dave and Sunny, if you leave me your email address in a comment, I won't publish the comment but will be able to contact you!