Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Wonder of Christmas


And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 ESV)

This is the wonder of Christmas: the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

This leaves me speechless: the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

This humbles me: the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

This causes me to rejoice: the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

This is the joy of Christmas: the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

Let the reality of that sentence settle into your soul:  the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

What is your response to this wonder of Christmas?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Thanks for your posts on being wonderstruck. I really like that and wish I could retain my sense of wonder throughout the day :) It's easy in quiet moments of reading & thought to be completely overwhelmed by our God's love and devotion to us ... then the menial tasks of the day take over. Sigh.