Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Wonder of Christmas

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:1, 2, 4, 5 NIV)

I love the lights of Christmas.  I love driving around looking at the lights people have put up outside or even have put in windows to let us peek into their homes.  I have boxes of lights and love to string them up throughout my apartment.  Every year I contemplate buying more lights.

What is it that draws me to the light?  Maybe it has something to do with the Word who was with God in the beginning.

Oh, the joy of verse five!  The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it!

The wonder of Christmas: when it is dark and I think I have lost my way, the LIGHT shines!  The darkness has not overcome the light, nor will it.

Praise God for the Light!

No comments: