Thursday, September 6, 2012

One Year Ago

One year ago I was about to embark on a life-changing experience.  I had no idea what to expect.  I was nervous.  I was excited.
I got on an airplane and God opened my heart so wide it hurt.
One week, that's all it took.  One week and my life was turned upside down.
My heart is no longer in just two places, it is now all over the world, Peru, Haiti, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Kenya and Brazil.
My perspective on my life has changed.  My perspective of my possessions has changed.
I am thankful for that week.  I will cherish it always.
I can't wait to have the opportunity to go to another one of the places where a piece of my heart dwells.
Someday!
Until then, I am grateful that Compassion International and World Vision keep me connected to those pieces of my heart.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

iSo TRuE my dear!
love mom, dad, and God

Carrie said...

That's beautiful/awesome - happy 1 year anniversary.