Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Joy Chapel!

June 1 I went to Tsu to celebrate Joy Chapel's 11th birthday. I can hardly believe it was 11 years ago when Joy Chapel started.

Joy Chapel is a bilingual worship service, an outreach of the Tsu church. (Tsu is the first city I lived in here in Japan.) As a short term missionary at the time when Joy Chapel started I got to be there at the opening service 11 years ago. We had lots of fun planning for the bilingual services, writing dramas, singing silly songs, learning the theme song, etc, etc!

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from that time on my computer so I can't include any in this blog. But, I will include some pictures from this year's party...

Here is the 'band' leading in worship.

Tadashi giving his testimony of God's faithfulness. Two of his buddies from university came for the first time.

Yui chan is ready for pizza!

No comments: