Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Complaining


(I rotated this and saved it under another name, yet it is still sideways. I don't know why!:)

Do you complain about stupid things? I think pretty much all complaining is stupid. Although, I am quite good at it! Does this mean I am good at being stupid?! Hmmm...

Anyway, last week one night I took my dinner dishes to the sink and noticed I had a ton to wash. Since it is just me I don't wash my dishes after every meal, sometimes not even every day-okay, rarely every day! As I walked to the sink I thought, "I am so tired of doing dishes!"

Then, I remembered the reminder I had in "The Rest of God" book I am reading, be thankful. (That book is not the only place I get this reminder!:) Anyway, I started to thank God for dishes and realized how selfish it is to be ungrateful for dishes. I have a home, a ton of dishes, and plenty of food to put on those dishes. What in the world am I complaining for? Because I don't want to stand over a hot sink for 10 mintues?

To put it mildly, I felt the kick in my seat that night. Now every time I wash dishes I am reminded to be grateful for everything God has blessed me with.

(I used my cell phone to take these pictures. I tried taking them horizontally and vertically and yet they still came out sideways. Some day I will understand technology better! Ha!:)

No comments: