Sunday, November 29, 2015

Week1 Day 1



This week's word is anticipation.

As I sit drinking my first cup of advent tea and eating my first advent chocolate, I feel like a little child.  The anticipation is almost too much to handle!

Over the next four weeks:

I look forward to seeing who shows up for all of the events we have planned at church.  I look forward to hearing the responses of those who encounter the true meaning of Christmas for the first time.

I look forward to what God has to teach me about His Son as I teach others about His amazing gift.

I wonder if I will be able to keep up this blog throughout the busy-ness of the season.

I wonder if anyone will even read this blog.  I wonder if anyone will respond; if these ideas, words, pictures, and songs will be a point of encouragement or just something else on the internet posted by someone who wants to drone on and on.

Mostly, I am anticipating God showing up, reminding me of His love, joy, peace, and kindness.

Emmanuel, God with us.

No comments: