Saturday, November 28, 2015

The Waiting Begins

It is time for Advent to begin!  I am going to attempt something new this year during Advent.  During Lent when I was participating in the photo a day challenge, a friend of mine mentioned that I should write something for Lent or Advent.  Most of what I have been doing for these seasons is from other places, I just cut and paste.

So, I am trying to be a bit more organized in my cutting and pasting and am going to share it here.  Please leave comments with your thoughts and ideas, photos and songs!


This is going to be my basic schedule:
Sunday - word for the week
Monday - Bible passage
Tuesday - Devotion/Meditation/Thoughts
Wednesday - artwork
Thursday - photo
Friday - Song/Carol
Saturday - Prayer

Here is the beginning my list of resources (in no particular order!):
Spark Your Joy, by Margaret Feinberg
Finding the Messiah, by Jane Rubietta
Women of Christmas, by Liz Curtis Higgs
God is in the Manger, by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
The Purpose of Christmas, by Rick Warren
The Book of Common Prayer

Websites:
Greentrees.net - Handel's Messiah Readings
Hillsong.com - blogs and songs
onlineministries.creighton.edu - advent prayers
youtube.com - songs


No comments: