Monday, April 9, 2012

A Month of Bible

Then they remembered His words. Luke 24:8

This was the focus of my message yesterday. We talked about our tendency to forget the things we have learned from and about Jesus, especially when we are walking through dark and difficult times. At those times we need to remember, and sometimes remembering requires the help of friends, family, fellow Christians.

We watched a video from a survivor of the Hanshin (Kobe) earthquake 17 years ago as she told her hope story. We talked about how important it is for people in Tohoku to hear such stories so that they can remember Jesus' words.

I was going to post it here, but for some reason it is not showing up on the website right now. The website is: http://hopeforliving.jesus.net/

We all have hope stories to share. I have not been through the same experiences as the people in Tohoku, or even in Kobe, but, I have experienced dark times in which Jesus made Himself very real to me and reminded me of His love. I need to be willing to share my hope stories with others. I need to hear those hope stories from others, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watched your lady talk. Makes dad and me think hard and give praise to our Heavenly Father for His faithfulness to us.