Thursday, March 1, 2012

Shifting Sand

A couple of weeks ago I was sitting here at my kotatsu working on my sermon for Sunday. I looked out the window and saw this...

I got up looked out for a while, took a couple of pictures, and then sat back down to keep studying.

About a half an hour later I looked up again and this is what I saw...

Again, I got up looked outside, took a couple of pictures and then sat back down.

Then, half an hour later it was back to this!

As I think about my heart in the past few months, I feel like it has shifted back and forth like the weather that day. My heart looks like the stormy sky one minute and then moves into the stillness of a bright, sunny day. Sometimes it shifts so quickly I feel like I am getting whiplash.

Oh, how I wish I could be more consistent!

3 comments:

McMGrad89 said...

I know how you feel.

Carrie said...

It is hard to believe that those pictures are for real -- that it changed so quickly! I can totally relate to the shifting emotions ... ahh, I too so often wish for more consistency in that area.

Julianne Van't land said...

It sounds like we've been having similar seasons of emotion - I'm trying to remember that it's a gift to see myself so easy swept oen way or another because it reminds me that I don't ground myself, only Christ can. I'm so thankful that he's the constant in my life, even when I can scarcely comprehend what that means! :)