Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Home Safely

I arrived safely back in Japan on April 2nd. My flights and transfers all went smoothly. I got to sit on the aisle in every plane and stretch my legs out into everyone's path. The only problem was listening to my movie and my neighbor's movie at the same time. Four of my friends from choir came to pick me up and one even made curry rice for me-which lasted until today!

We had a great day celebrating the resurrection on Sunday. In the morning I got to celebrate with the Kongo Bible Church where everyone warmly welcomed me with hugs and handshakes and lots of smiles. In the afternoon we celebrated at Komyo Christian Church where a new couple came because of a flier they had received!

I had a pleasant surprise on my first morning when I went for a run. The running path by the river has been much improved and they are building a new bridge-can't wait to find out where it leads to! Of course, with the cherry blossoms in full bloom, it was a beautiful run.

The number of unpacked boxes in my condo is slowly decreasing, well, the full ones. Now I just have a a pile of empty, broken down boxes. It has been fun to open up boxes and remember my things and the people who gave them to me and then decide where to put them.

Friday will be the first gospel choir rehearsal of the new year. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again!


McMGrad89 said...

Glad to hear you made it home alright and to such wonderful flowers and a great running chair. How wonderful it must have been to meet the new couple. I am glad we got to sit and chat when you came through.

See you around the internet.


Anonymous said...

Of course I can "feel" your excitement! Tonight at Awana AJ brought his letter to you and I said I'd mail it because of the stamps. While I was admiring his neat letter he said"oh, tell her I switched jobs from rice to dried veg. I thought he was talking about school and ask him is their class raising a garden.He replied "No, I'm talking about KAH" I thanked him for praying for you for about "32 days" long time in a little boys mind. Speaking of praying, pray for S &P too!!! love you and tell everyone at choir hello!