Monday, December 21, 2015

Week 4 Days 1 & 2



This week's theme is peace.

In the midst of the busyness of the events of this season, I want to continue to experience peace.  Some days this is easier than others.  I have times when I feel completely overwhelmed.  Then there are times when life is zooming by and I feel complete peace.

In my experience, it is the point of my focus which changes the depth of my peace.  When I start to look around and see the wind and waves, as our friend Peter did when he was walking on the water, I, too, get scared and have to cry out to Jesus to save me.

Other times, I say with Paul that I have learned to be content in whatever situation I find myself because I know that Jesus is right here with me.

The angels told the shepherds:

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to those on whom His favor rests."  (Luke 2:14)

The coming of Jesus brings peace.  I am praying for this peace to permeate my heart and life today.  I pray that it is also permeating yours.

Thank you for stopping by.  May God's peace rest on you today, this moment, this season.

No comments: