Friday, May 29, 2015

Almost!

Well, I have almost successfully, inadvertently, made it through the month of May with only one post. This was not intentional.  It's just that when I finally sat down in the evenings this month, I just stared for a while and then went to bed.  Stared at the computer.  Started at the TV.  Stared at the sky.  I'm not sure what I was staring at.  Maybe the piles of dishes in my sink.  (Tonight I am avoiding them and writing!)

This has been a long month.  Many great things going on, though... Bible studies, preaching, teaching, music, visits with friends, etc.

Today I took a Sabbath day.  I was doing pretty well at doing this weekly.  However, the past couple of weeks have found me doing too much, and sometimes not prioritizing well.


I went to the beach today.  It was a beautiful day.  I put on sunscreen, sat down with the little lunch I had packed, and started reading my one-day spiritual retreat book.  It was a great lesson on happiness and joy.  I started to write in my journal and remembered that my pen had run out of ink.  I did not have any other pens with me!  So, after a few minutes of prayer, I headed to the water to walk and enjoy spending time in my 'happy place.'




After a couple of steps into the water I noticed this...


And after looking around, saw more!


I don't know much about jellyfish, but was fascinated by them.  I didn't touch any of them, just in case!


Can you see the clear one in the water?



On my way home I stopped by the outlet mall to eat at the Hawaiian hamburger place.  I was too tired by then to do any shopping.  So tired, in fact, that I forgot to get my change out of the vending machine when I bought a water for the drive home!  Guess I got to make someone else's day!

I arrived home to see this...

and this...

I love Sabbath!











2 comments:

Julianne Van't land said...

What a lovely day! I've never seen jelly fish up close, can they move once they're washed up on shore?

Lori said...

Hi, My friend!
Missing your blog and stories.
Hope you are enjoying the fall season in Japan and are able to post another entry soon.
I miss seeing you online (and in person!)
Hugs,
Lori