Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Needed Time Away

Yesterday after class and lunch, I got on the train with my bag that was heavier than I thought it would be and headed to Tokyo. I turned on my newly replaced mp3 player, opened up my e-reader, and enjoyed the ride. It was clear so I was hoping to get a glimpse of Mt. Fuji, too. But, apparently I was tired. I fell asleep around Nagoya and expected I'd sleep for 30 minutes or so, but woke up in Yokohama!

I spent a lovely, quiet evening with several missionary friends at a guest house. Then I spent today renewing friendships, building new friendships, and even meeting a reader of my blog! (Thanks, Shannon!:) We had a wonderful day of prayer, praise and fellowship, as well as foot washing.

When I got on the train yesterday I wasn't aware of how tired I was. I wasn't aware of how much I needed a break from the routine. I am thankful for this time of refreshment!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Glad you had a break -- sounds lovely and nice to have a nap even without expecting one :)