Monday, April 11, 2011

Going Home

Well, it is time for Flat Stanley to return to Colorado. But, before he leaves I felt he needed to have the big city experience. So, today he went with Yuri and me into Osaka where I got a new screw for my clarinet and no longer have to put it together MacGuyver-like, went to Osaka castle and saw the beautiful sakura trees, walked through the museum inside the castle during which time someone changed the seasons on us and had a lovely avocado burger for dinner. Here are pictures from the day followed by pictures from over the weekend that I haven't posted yet...

Downtown Osaka scenes...







Osaka Castle and Park






Our train arrives...

On the train..


And, last weekend's adventures...
Chatting after gospel choir practice

Italian soda at tea time after gospel choir

Sunday lunch: onigiri-rice ball with salmon inside wrapped in seaweed

English cafe


Thanks for visiting, FS! Please come again someday!

4 comments:

McMGrad89 said...

Have a safe trip, FS.

Oh and don't mention the onigri...a favorite of Caitlin.

Anonymous said...

Need something for a dessert auction on Sun pm for a fund raiser for the HS youth to CA this summer. I think that ladybug cake would be fun and especially if you sent it over to WCB by Sun.pm 4/17/11!! Have really enjoyed FS visiting in Japan.

Stephanie said...

We had a flat Stanly (actually three!) this week, too! It must be that time of year!

Leila said...

Hi, you don´t know me, but I read your blog since a few months ago...I love Japan, and I would like to know, if its possible, wich one is your work, what do you do for living in that country.
Its one of my dreams to live there one day...or at least visit Japan.
I have to apologise for my possible english mistakes, i´m a spanish girl.