Friday, March 7, 2014

An Introduction

Yesterday I attended the English Bible study at Komyo Christian Church for the first time since I returned to Japan.  While Yuri is on home assignment I will have the privilege of being the leader of the study.

We started our time with introductions, which were fun and entertaining.  Then we sang a hymn which is a favorite of one of the students.  It is an English hymn she learned from a missionary when she was in university.  I had never heard it before, but love the lyrics!  What peace we have in Him!

Constantly Abiding by Anne S Murphy

There's a peace in my heart that the world never gave,
a peace it cannot take away;
Though the trials of life may surround like a cloud,
I've a peace that has come there to stay!

Constantly abiding, Jesus is mine;
Constantly abiding, rapture divine;
He never leaves me lonely, whispers O so kind:
"I will never leave thee."  Jesus is mine.

All the world seemed to sing of a Savior and King,
when peace sweetly came to my heart;
Troubles all fled away and my night turned to day,
blessed Jesus, how glorious Thou art!

This treasure I have in a temple of clay,
while here on His footstool I roam;
But He's coming to take me, some glorious day,
over there to my heavenly home!



1 comment:

Carrie said...

LOVE it!
Thanks for sharing!