Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Preaching to the Choir


On October 1st we hosted another Live Gospel Cafe at Komyo Christian Church. We passed out 5000 fliers and prayed. We set up the tables and chairs and we prayed. We made food and we prayed. We listened to the choir practicing and we prayed. We prayed for the people who would come to the concert, that they would be refreshed by the music and challenged by the words and testimonies.



At our previous Cafes we have had an intermission musical guest, too. However, this time we decided just to take a few extra minutes to chat while enjoying snacks. The choir members also sat and chatted with the guests. This was when I understood why God had brought all Christians to be the guests that night. Not all of the choir members are Christians and they had the opportunity to interact with some people who love Jesus and have living testimonies of the songs they were singing.

The lady I talked with asked why I had come to Japan. I love that question! A couple others listened in as I shared how God started to prepare me to come to Japan when I was in junior high school and how He finally brought me here when I was 25 years old.

It was a night of great music-I am sure even people passing by could hear the joyous sounds. It was a night of sharing God's love. It was a night to see God's plans are not my plans!


*The title is compliments of a suggestion from Jeff Chapman.

No comments: